Supplies you will need:
Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Inks
Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution
protective table covering
Ranger Adirondack Applicator with felt pads
StazOn Solvent Ink Stamp Pad
Archival Ink Stamp Pad
Tile #1: I couldn't wait to play until my alcohol inks arrived from UPS (I ordered them on Amazon). I had seen that you could tie-dye t-shirts by coloring them with permanent markers and then adding rubbing alcohol to them. So I colored some dots on the tile with permanent marker and then added some Alcohol Blending Solution. The result is very much like a watercolor image. Very nice color. I think this is a great technique if you want that look or if you want lighter colors (for stamping, etc). I also just played around with stamping on this tile. I haven't done much stamping in my life so I just wanted to play. I used the StazOn ink.
Tile #3: I applied Alcohol Blending Solution to the tile with a toothbrush. Then applied droplets of the Watermelon ink to the tile. Remember your initial drops will spread out more and then as the Alcohol Blending Solution dries a bit, your drops will stay more circular instead of spreading out as much. I also used a Q-tip with a drop or two of the Alcohol Blending Solution on it to just barely touch the tile in some places. These are the lightest spots on the tile. Then I stamped with StazOn ink. you can tell I kind of stink at stamping as I didn't really center this properly. But oh well. ;-)
Tile #5: I used the same technique as Tile #2 and #3 for this tile, using three colors of ink: Wild Plum, Butterscotch and Watermelon. I also used a q-tip to add a few lighter spots. I think this one turned out pretty darn cool! :-)
Tile #6: I used the applicator again for this tile. I used four inks: Sailboat Blue, Purple Twilight, Wild Plum, and Stream
tape-resist painted canvases. I had no idea if this would work or not. I wasn't sure if the ink would bleed right through the tape or what would happen. First, I cut the tape into very skinny strips and applied randomly to my tile.
Claude Monet Japanese Bridge project with tape resist. I decided to try a version of this on the tile. I LOVE how it turned out and I have been completely inspired to make more "Masters" tiles. I will be posting separately about this tile project and other Master-inspired creations in another post.