Friday, July 20, 2012

2012: Mommy Art Camp--Paper Bird Cages

Note: I am hoping to put a PDF document together with all of our bird art camp projects in one place for anyone interested (though I'm not sure when I'll get it all done). With this in mind, I am not going to go into quite as many how-to details on these projects. But, the projects are fairly self-explanatory. :-)

The final project in my bird camp series: paper bird cages. I came across this project on this blog. The project I was using for our inspiration while cute, just didn't have the bling and sparkle that I know my girls would love. So we dressed it up a bit more by using fun sparkly scrapbook papers and a bling tack to hold it together at the top. We also used paper that was two sided so that the inside of the cage would be fun as well. I thought it would be fun to add in actual feathers so the birds would have a more three-dimensional quality to them.
 The supplies you'll need are above.
After the cages were built, they started on their birds:
I used some flower wire I had to hang the birds from the center tack of the cage:
And we aren't always serious when we're creating! We goof around a bit too:

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your suggestion well written article with lot of helpful information.
    http://www.diydiscovery.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool. I really love the way the girls decorated the birds, too cute!

    Lee
    ItsMissLV.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks like a fun little activity! Tomorrow night: making paper mache bird cages!
    -Jana

    ReplyDelete