Thursday, December 22, 2011

Handmade Holidays 2011: Easy Photo Puzzles

Pink and Green Mama has a great blog with many, many ideas for things to do with your children. One of them is an upcycled wooden shape puzzle. Now, I didn't really upcycle my puzzles because I didn't have the puzzles to begin with. But I LOVED the idea of putting photos in the puzzles so I went ahead and bought the shape puzzles. I made one for my son and one for my niece. They both have grandparents and aunts/uncles/cousins who live far away so it's a fun way for the little ones to see far away relatives on a daily basis!

The Melissa and Doug puzzle as I bought it:
I covered each of the shape pieces with scrapbook paper and mod podged it. For my son's, I found a pack of 8 pieces of paper at Target for $1.00 in their scrapbook supply aisle.
I traced the shapes on the photos and cut them out, fit them into the space, and then mod podged them to seal it.
And here is a more girly version for my niece:
A super easy and fun gift for a little one for Christmas or their birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment